I can’t believe how quickly a year goes by.
This week I celebrate one year of blogging!
First, thanks to all my 70 blog followers. It can be pretty lonely when you spend a lot of time and creative input into writing a blog and nobody stops by to comment.
a learning curve that has gone straight up
When I started blogging I had no idea how to blog. I studied other people’s blogs and researched like crazy. Writing a blog wasn’t going to be as simple as what I thought. But once I wrote a few and got the hang of it, I was away.
What i don’t like about blogging
- The time it takes to write a good blog. This was the bit I was always going to be worried about. How much blogging would take me away from my other writing – the writing I feel the most passionate about, contemporary romance.
- Whether my blogs are any good.
- Whether I’m just regurgitating content that is already out there and not offering up anything that’s new.
what i like about blogging
- The opportunity to have an outlet to express myself creatively.
- When someone likes my blog or takes the time to respond.
- Getting an email message to say someone is now following my blog (kind of makes my feel special).
- Meeting other bloggers from all over the world – some who blog on similar things; others who blog on completely different subjects.
- How there’s still so much for me to learn about what makes a good blog.
- If you’re blogging regularly, you’re writing regularly and that’s got to be good!
Blogging has helped me grow as a writer. For most part, I love blogging. I’m learning new things all the time. And I’m really proud to say that except for the three weeks Xmas/holiday break I’ve blogged every week without fail. Even when I didn’t feel like blogging or life stuff got in the way. And even if it was just a teeny quote on writing. I now have a blogging content schedule, which I plan out every quarter and try to stick to it as much as possible.
So in celebration of my blogiversary below are the my top four blog posts for 2016/2017 in order:
Thanks heaps to everyone. Hope you’ll stay around for the next year! And if you want me to blog about anything in particular I’d love to hear your thoughts.